2012-04-21

End of the Season: Setting goals for the intermediate period

short sum up

Well, the season is over for me. Now I will take a rest and plan the next season and what to do in between.

My plans are first two full weeks of complete or almost complete rest and after that two or three months of alternative training.

My wish list includes bodybuilding (my all-times favourite for these periods), rope jumping and "fun runs". The latter means to just pick a place or a time, put on my huaraches or whatever I fancy and run. No GPS, no HRM, no nothing, I actually plan to just  check the time on my computer's clock before elaving and after return, and that just to keep track of the burnt calories.

Regarding nutrition and calories this time of lower effort is ideal to start an Intermittent Fasting diet (one or two days a week, no complicated 36/12 stuff or so). 

The first two weeks I am not going to do anything and I am not going to restrain my eating patterns in any way. Later I may want to increase the intake of calories, etc. 

More about that when I do the planning.

Tomorrow after the last race (Spieren voor Spieren 2012) I will make a recap of the entire season and decide what to do the next season in terms of setting goals and decide races, etc.

Goals

  1. Keep weight under control
  2. Improve upper body strenght
  3. Improve feet musculature
  4. Have a lot of fun

For goal #1 I will start the Interval Fasting program on May 7. (this means two weeks from now).I will have to add a "notes" entry to my cronometer.com nutrition log to keep track of the nutrients.

For #2 I will surely go back to Scooby's proven workouts and maybe add one or two different workouts. Another option would be crossfit, I will maybe try a week or two with crossfit. The problem with the latter is on one side that it will be difficult to fit into my working week and it's  too noisy to do early in the morning. Well, I will see. And there is also the fact that I want to target a specific group of muscles; the upper body, while I already do an extensive workout for the core muscles and legs.

For #3 I will obviously include a lot of minimal running in huaraches plus the foot strenght workout. 

For #4 I will just go out and run, no clock, no nothing. Just enjoy. Slow, no hurry and surely with huaraches as often as I can.

The goal is to reach the new schedule in perfect shape and reloaded.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment